医患英文对话 | 甲亢

小白老师2017/08/14英语学习

摘要: 甲亢(Hyperthyroidism)是指甲状腺分泌过多甲状腺激素引起的一种内分泌疾病,常见症状包括易怒、心悸、体重减轻、多汗、失眠和怕热等。医生通常通过甲状腺功能检查、甲状腺扫描等手段确诊,并根据病情选择药物治疗或手术干预。

  • 甲亢典型症状包括情绪易怒、心悸、体重下降、多汗、失眠和不耐热。
  • 诊断甲亢常依赖甲状腺功能检测(如蛋白结合碘)和甲状腺扫描。
  • “冷结节”在甲状腺扫描中表示无功能性结节,可能与甲状腺肿相关。
  • 治疗选项包括抗甲状腺药物(如丙硫氧嘧啶、他巴唑)或甲状腺次全切除术。
  • 患者可基于手术风险、瘢痕顾虑及费用等因素,在医患沟通后共同决定治疗方案。

小白老师说:昨天在公众号领资料的同学,请复制下载地址到电脑浏览器下载,百度云盘不支持手机下载哦。今天医患英文对话的主题是甲亢,英式发音。

Hyperthyroidism 甲亢

Patient: I’m easily moved to anger with the onset of palpitation for the past two months.

近两个月来我老爱发火,还总是心慌。

Doctor: Have you been feeling this way before?

以前有过这样的感觉吗?

Patient: No, this has been happening for the past two months only.

没有,最近两个月来才这样。

图片

Doctor: Have you lost any weight recently?

你最近体重减轻了吗?

Patient: Yes, I have. In spite of increased intake of food, I lost ten pounds in weight over a period of two months.

是的,尽管我饭量增加,但两个月来我已瘦掉了 10 磅。

Doctor: Do you sleep well? 你睡得好吗?

Patient: I have been suffering from insomnia lately.

我近来一直失眠。

Doctor: Have you been sweating as much as you usually do?

你最近出汗和往常一样多吗?

Patient: My sweating has increased notably. I just can’t stand warm weather at all.

我比原先汗出得多了。我简直受不了热天。

图片

Doctor: All right, would you please get undressed now? Let me examine you. Now, swallow, please.

好,请脱下衣服好吗?我检查一下。现在请做一个吞咽动作。

Doctor: There are some tests you’ll have to get down and we’ll see you in one week. At that time we’ll start on a definite therapy for your condition.

你还得做些实验。一周后再来。那时我们要开始对你的病进行确切的治疗。

Patient: Thank you, Doctor, but tell me what’s wrong with me.

谢谢你,医生,请告诉我得了什么病。

Doctor: I suspect that you might have hyperthyroidism. Take this paper to the office, the nurse will arrange a time for you to have some thyroid function tests made.

我估计你得了甲状腺机能亢进病。拿这些化验单到办公室去,护士会给你安排时间,做一些甲状腺机能的检查。

图片

After a few days …

Doctor: The results of the thyroid scanning and protein-bound-iodine show that you have hyperthyroidism. The thyroid scanning reveals that the nodule of thyroid is a “cold” nodule, which means nonfunctional, so you just have a goiter.

根据甲状腺扫描和蛋白结合碘检查结果说明你得了甲状腺机能亢进病。甲状腺扫描发现甲状腺结节是 “冷结节”,也就是无功能的,你正是得了甲状腺肿。

Patient: Can something be done about it?

有什么办法治吗?

Doctor: I think a subtotal thyroidectomy is necessary.

我想需要做个甲状腺次全切除术。

Patient: The operation will make a scar on my neck, won’t it?

手术会在我颈部留下瘢痕吗?

Doctor: Yes, I’m afraid so. 是,恐怕会的。

图片

Patient: Is there any way to avoid surgery? If possible, I would rather not have surgery.

有什么方法能避免手术吗?如果可能的话,我不想做手术。

Doctor: Of course. Antithyroid drugs, such as propylthiouracil and tapazole are used to control the symptoms. Their advantages are the avoidance of a surgical procedure with its attendant rare complications of recurrent nerve paralysis or hypopara-thyroidism, and reduced cost.

当然,抗甲状腺药物如丙硫氧嘧啶和他巴佐可以控制症状。优点是:避免手术,并防止由此引起的罕见并发症,如喉返神经麻痹或甲状旁腺机能减退等,而且费用低廉。

Patient: Thank you, Doctor. Let me discuss it with my husband, then we’ll decide what to choose.

谢谢你,医生。我需要跟我丈夫商量,然后我们再决定采取什么治疗办法。

常见问题

甲亢有哪些常见症状?

甲亢常见症状包括易怒、心悸、体重减轻(即使食量增加)、失眠、多汗以及对热环境不耐受。

如何确诊甲亢?

医生通常通过甲状腺功能血液检查(如T3、T4、TSH)和甲状腺扫描(如发现‘冷结节’)来确诊甲亢。

甲亢一定要做手术吗?

不一定。甲亢可通过抗甲状腺药物(如丙硫氧嘧啶或他巴唑)控制;手术(如甲状腺次全切除)适用于药物无效或存在特定指征的患者。

什么是甲状腺‘冷结节’?

‘冷结节’指在甲状腺扫描中不摄取放射性碘的结节,通常为无功能性,可能与甲状腺肿或良性病变相关,但也需进一步评估排除恶性可能。

参考资料

Hyperthyroidism - Symptoms and causes

梅奥诊所关于甲亢的症状、病因与诊断标准

Thyroid Nodules: Evaluation and Management

美国家庭医师学会关于甲状腺结节(包括冷结节)的评估指南

Antithyroid drug therapy for Graves’ disease

丙硫氧嘧啶和甲巯咪唑(他巴唑)作为一线药物用于控制甲亢症状,避免手术风险